Executive director Carolyn McGourty Supple speaks at the 2019 Conscious Capitalism Summit about the story behind Press Forward, and what executives can do to create safe and fair work environments.
The Press Forward launched at the National Press Club in March 2018, with cofounders sharing powerful stories about why they created this initiative. Advisory board members Ted Koppel, CNN’s Jake Tapper, PBS NewsHour anchor Judy Woodruff and Executive Producer Sara Just participate in a panel discussion with cofounders Carolyn McGourty Supple and Lara Setrakian on safe and fair newsrooms.
Press Forward’s Executive Director Carolyn McGourty Supple at the 2018 Tech Inclusion conference.
Press Forward partnered with the Freedom Forum Institute’s Power Shift Project to hold a panel discussion on equality in the newsroom and ending sexual harassment in April 2018. Participants include:
Panel I: Equality in Newsrooms: Redefining Respect
* Alison Stewart (Moderator), Contributing Editor, The Atlantic
* Tim Grieve, Vice President of News, McClatchy
* Tracy Grant, Managing Editor, Staff Development & Standards, Washington Post
* Lynne Adrine, Director DC Graduate Program, Si Newhouse School, Syracuse University
* Cathy Trost, Executive Director, Freedom Forum Institute’s Power Shift Project
* Eleanor McManus, Partner at Trident DMG and Press Forward co-founder
* Maya Ragu, director of workplace equality and senior counsel at National Women’s Law Center
Panel II: Newsroom Leadership: Ending Abuses of Power:
* Mary Louise Kelly (Moderator), Co-Host, NPR’S All Things Considered
* Karen Pensiero, Managing Editor, The Wall Street Journal
* Alexi McCammond, Deputy News Editor, Axios
* Andrew Morse, Executive Vice-President & General Manager, CNN Digital Worldwide
* Madhulika Sikka, Fmr. Executive Editor, NPR, and Public Editor, PBS
* Carolyn McGourty Supple, Executive Director and co-founder of Press Forward